Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:40 — 23.9MB)
Today’s guest is fiercely committed to helping people come alive through the pursuit of big ideas. She does this through her business as a career and business coach and international speaker, helping people move beyond burnout to build sustainable, dynamic careers they love. She is the author of PIVOT: The Only Move That Matters is Your Next One.
With two years at a technology start-up as the first employee, over five years at Google on the Training and Career Development teams, she combines her love of technology with her superpower of organizing information to help clients through big transitions.
Please join me in welcoming Jenny Blake.
Please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes! They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks!
In this episode we explore:
- her thoughts on leadership – “Leadership is having innovative ideas, and contributing really meaningful, as original as possible, work to the world, and sharing the authentic experience of doing that.”
- how she has learned to deal with the crisis of career “pivot points” and how they can be seen as the product of our success
- the rewards of being her own boss and arbiter of her own schedule
- the challenges of being the center of her business and sometimes the bottleneck to her success
- how despite not being a natural networker, she has grown her network and keeps engaged
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key take-aways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Jenny Blake on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Pivot podcast
- Contactually (free 30 day trial) – questions about this? I'm happy to help you get set up for success.
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- New to my website? Start here.
- Hire me to speak at your company: learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on inclusive networking and the other sessions I offer.
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.