Today’s guest shows entrepreneurs and small business owners how to bring in more income and clients by building real human relationships with influencers, VIPs, and people who matter.
He’s had a very varied work history that includes working in the heart of three major industries. He was a White House writer during the Bill Clinton Administration and Speechwriter to the Governor of California. He’s also worked in Hollywood and the heart of Silicon Valley. Currently, he owns his own boutique law firm in the San Francisco Bay Area catering to small business owners and entrepreneurs.
He is the creator of Smart Business Revolution and host of the Smart Business Revolution podcast. He’s also the cofounder of Rise25 Inner Circle, an annual accountability and group coaching program for professional service entrepreneurs who want to diversify their revenues and scale up.
Please join me in welcoming John Corcoran.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- how he defines leadership, “Focus on delivering value to other people, that is going to lead to people respecting you enough that you have the credibility as a leader.”
- what he learned from his mentors and the leadership he witnessed, including how Bill Clinton treated everyone with respect and gave them his full attention
- importance of taking the time to be grateful for what you have instead of focusing on the next big thing
- how being part of a mastermind group helped him realize his niche was relationship-building
- how to develop deeper business relationships through thoughtful and strategic outreach throughout the year
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key take-aways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- John Corcoran on LinkedIn and Twitter
- “25 Networking Experts for 2015” – great resource created by John
- John and I were both featured in Dorie Clark's book “Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It”
- Contactually (free 14 day trial) – questions about this? I'm happy to help you get set up for success.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Schedule a 15 minute phone or Skype chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.