Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:19 — 23.1MB)
Today's guest is a best-selling author and a sought-after keynote speaker. Known as “The Mingling Maven®,” she gives her multi-generational audiences the required tools, techniques and strategies they need to connect and communicate in today's global business world. Her practical, informative, and interactive presentations are known for what The San Francisco Chronicle calls her “dynamite sense of humor.”
A former teacher, she now lectures at major universities and keynotes for Fortune 500 companies. Over 25 years ago she released her groundbreaking best-seller, “How to Work a Room®,” and is now considered the undisputed and original networking and conversation expert. That was the first of her seven best-selling books and she has sold over a million books worldwide. Nearly three decades later, she continues to shape the industry she launched.
Please join me in welcoming Susan RoAne.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- how she defines leadership: “Having a great deal of knowledge & experience, and being the kind of person who sees potential.”
- the connection between the economy and entrepreneurship – “accidental entrepreneurs”
- how the real quality of being the networker is making things happen for other people
- getting beyond vanity social media metrics with an exercise to help you know who you know
- the importance of phone calls at a time when we count “likes” as engagement
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key take-aways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Susan RoAne on LinkedIn and Twitter
- SusanRoAne.com and on Facebook
- “How to Work a Room” 25th anniversary edition
- “Accounting for the Numberphobic: A Survival Guide for Small Business Owners”
- Chrome Extension Dux-Soup – tag LinkedIn profiles
- Contactually (free 14 day trial) – questions about this? I'm happy to help you get set up for success.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Schedule a 15 minute phone or Skype chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.