Today’s guest is first and foremost a dad. What began as a small playgroup in 2008 became the NYC Dads Group and in 2013 expanded into the City Dads Group network with 26 groups across the country. This diverse community supports dads of all stripes, providing opportunities to socialize as they navigate parenthood together.
In addition to co-founding these groups, he co-hosts The Modern Dads Podcast, a monthly show highlighting stories of 21st-century dads and families. He regularly contributes to and is quoted by media outlets interested in telling the stories of involved dads.
As an at-home dad myself, I was grateful to discover this network of involved fathers existed and have become actively involved with the Boston Dads Group. I had an opportunity to meet my guest in person at HomeDadCon, hosted by the National At-Home Dad Network.
Please join me in welcoming Matt Schneider.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- how he defines leadership, “Seeing an opportunity to make change and taking it. Having the wherewithal to step in.”
- what is holding dads back from being full parents
- the effort to change the media’s portrayal of dads
- how he scaled his hyper-local playgroup to a national movement
- ways he found to monetize as the group has grown
- balancing being an at-home dad and entrepreneur
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key takeaways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Matt Schneider on LinkedIn and Twitter
- City Dads Group website, Twitter, and Facebook Page
- The Modern Dads podcast website and iTunes
- Boston Dads Group and New York City Dads Group
- HomeDadsCon – hosted by The National At-Home Dad Network
- Third Path Institute
- Buy “Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod, you may also be interested in “Miracle Morning for Parents and Families“, “Miracle Morning for Writers”, or one of the many other great spin-offs
- Contactually (free 14-day trial) – questions about this? I'm happy to help you get set up for success.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Schedule a 15-minute phone or Skype chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Do you host a conference or convention and want your attendees to feel that your event was incredibly valuable because of all the connections they made?
I work with associations and companies to design events that increase engagement and create a welcoming culture for all attendees, especially your first-time attendees. The result is that long-time attendees, presenters, and board members have a host mentality and all attendees have the tools to strategically build relationships and their professional network at your event. If you want to increase ROI for your attendees and therefore their retention schedule a time for us to chat!
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.