Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:36 — 50.0MB)
Today’s guest is a builder. He is best known for building a multi-million dollar business with his childhood friends, ShipOffers, which has been an INC 5000 Company for the past three years in a row. In 2015, he launched a podcast to build a community where struggling entrepreneurs know they can achieve anything they want despite their past.
The journey to self-fulfillment wasn’t easy. He almost lost it all in 2008 after years of struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Facing the near destruction of his marriage and the sad realization that he was negatively affecting his children’s lives, he made the decision that year to get sober, and he has stayed sober ever since.
As he got clean, he also became clear about his vision to help others find their passion and achieve more. With this in mind, he launched his podcast, The Tony G Show, that brings together his love for business, radio and life.
Please join me in welcoming Tony Grebmeier.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- his definition of an authentic leader: “I made all of these faults and I’m here to tell you that you can get out of anything you’ve done if you have the willingness, the capacity to be honest and admit your faults.”
- the teachers and coaches who have pushed him to think differently, including his friend who said, “Your life has meaning and purpose, but what you are doing right now doesn’t.”
- how he changed his attitude and now embraces life and loves finding ways to help others succeed.
- the investment he has made in himself to go from a “diseased mindset to an empowered mindset.”
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key takeaways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Tony Grebmeier on LinkedIn and Twitter
- The Tony G. Show website
- ShipOffers website
- Contactually – still looking for a way to keep track of your contacts and strategically stay connected? This powerful CRM may be just what you need. Check it out with a free trial. Let me know if you do and I’ll help you get set up for success.
Do you host a conference or convention and want your attendees to feel that your event was incredibly valuable because of all the connections they made?
I work with associations and companies to design events that increase engagement and create a welcoming culture for all attendees, especially your first-time attendees. The result is that long-time attendees, presenters, and board members have a host mentality and all attendees have the tools to strategically build relationships and their professional network at your event. If you want to increase ROI for your attendees and therefore their retention, email me to schedule a call.
Is networking an important, but your least favorite, part of your job?
My coaching clients felt the same way. Through a combination of technical tips, accountability, and a bit of inspiration, I help leaders stop wasting time networking and start building great relationships. If that is what you’re looking for I would love to chat, email me to schedule a call.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Schedule a 15-minute phone or Skype chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.