Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 48:59 — 44.9MB)
Today’s guest is an award-winning business owner, author, and recovering academic. She taught business communication at a university for over a decade, analyzed terrorist documents to help provide counter-terrorism messaging strategies to the military, and was a pioneer in the online education space.
In 2011, she ventured into entrepreneur land and hasn't looked back. She's a VIP Contributor at Entrepreneur, a Livestream Host, and a partner on Entrepreneur's video network. Now, she runs The Dynamic Communicator®, which creates and executes video and content communication strategies that help organizations increase sales, enhance the product experience, and retain customers. Her latest book, “Dynamic Communication: 27 Strategies to Grow, Lead, and Manage Your Business,” was released through Entrepreneur Press this past spring.
Please join me in welcoming Jill Schiefelbein.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is being consistent with all your behaviors and all of your actions in all situations.”
- her motivation for being a leader, starting around age 9, and continuing through her life.
- the new side-endeavor where her goal is to “rid the world of crappy videos one video tip at a time.”
- her biggest struggles surrounding the “riches are in the niches” mindset and how she works to overcome them.
- what she does in her spare time to turn off her busy mind, and how crafting gives her a sense of completeness that offsets the entrepreneur struggle of sometimes not seeing results right away.
- her methods for maintaining relationships, including connecting with people when she travels, and writing a few hand-designed cards each week.
What were the key takeaways you plan to put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Jill Shiefelbein on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- www.thedynamiccommunicator.com and www.impromptuguru.com
- Jill’s Impromptu Guru Youtube Videos
- Jill’s Entrepreneur Network YouTube Videos
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Interested in individual or group coaching? Schedule a 20-minute phone chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”