Today’s guest believes that it is a myth that leadership skills cannot be learned. He knows that most leaders have learned through the school of hard knocks, good training, years of hard work, effective coaching, and from great mentors.
He hosts the Coaching for Leaders podcast, one of the top-rated career podcasts on iTunes, with over 150,000 downloads a month.
He founded Coaching for Leaders Academy, a year-long leadership development cohort for managers, executives, and business owners to develop their leadership excellence — and empower each other through global relationship building.
As a Dale Carnegie instructor, he has led training programs for top organizations, including The United States Air Force, the Boeing Company, and the Northrop Grumman Corporation.
Please join me in welcoming Dave Stachowiak.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode, we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is not a position and it is not a title. Leadership is finding the way that you as a leader can influence the world.”
- how he learned that leadership is a learned skill by teaching himself to be a leader.
- his system for managing the work-life balance that comes with being an entrepreneur.
- how he uses his belief in quality vs. quantity to create deeper relationships within his network.
- why he is comfortable having people with significantly different viewpoints on his podcast because he believes that he has something to learn from everyone.
- how he prepares for his podcast guests to be the best interviewer he can be.
- Dave Stachowiak on LinkedIn and Twitter
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “A Beautiful Constraint” by Adam Morgan
- “Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine” by Mike Michalowicz
- ScheduleOnce makes it easy to schedule meetings without all the usual back and forth messages.
- Listen to my interview withSusan RoAne
- Learn more about the National Speakers Association
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Interested in individual coaching or my Intentional Connections Mastermind? Schedule a 20-minute phone chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”