Today’s guest is one of the world’s leading experts on business networking. He was called the Father of Modern Networking by CNN and one of the Top Networking Experts by Forbes.
He is a keynote speaker for major corporations and associations around the world and has written 22 books about various topics like networking, marketing, and achieving success in business and life. He has been named Humanitarian of the Year by the Red Cross and was recently the recipient of the John C. Maxwell Leadership Award.
Currently, he is the Founder and Chief Visionary of BNI, the world’s largest business networking organization, which was founded in 1985 and now has 8,350 chapters in 71 countries.
Please join me in welcoming Dr. Ivan Misner.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “When one person is willing to follow you, you are a leader. A leader’s role is really about encouraging people to achieve goals.”
- his Emotionally Charged Connection and how it defined his course and influences so much of what he does in business.
- how seeing the light bulb click on for the audience he is speaking to is one of his favorite things about the work he does.
- his thoughts on social media, connection with others, and the harmful effects of benign neglect.
- his belief that diversity is the key to building a powerful personal network.
- what he means when he says “entrepreneurs are either working in the flame or in the wax”, and what his flames are.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Business Networking and Sex: Not What You Think” by Ivan Misner and Hazel M. Walker
- “Networking Like a Pro: Turning Contacts into Connections” by Ivan Misner and Brian Hilliard
- “Avoiding the Networking Disconnect: The Three Rs to Reconnect” by Ivan Misner and Brennan Scanlon
- “I Love Networking: …And I Used To Hate It. – – – A Story About Finding Your Inner Networker (The Mentor Code)” by Ivan Misner and Mike Macedonio
- Plus dozens of other titles authored or co-authored by Ivan Misner.
- Listen to my interview with Susan RoAne.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller?Robbie offered several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats and content-rich masterclass sessions scheduled over 90 days. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more-program.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was imported into WordPress in one click using Wordable.