Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 48:42 — 45.6MB)
Today’s guest was named one of the Top 100 Speakers for 2018 by Inc. Magazine and was selected by Marshall Goldsmith to be in his 100 Coaches project.
She is an executive coach who helps senior executives and high potential leaders create permanent positive shifts in their leadership impact and the results they achieve, and also works with founders and CEOs to help them lead for scale.
She is a member of the Cornell Entrepreneurship Advisory Board and is on the faculty of the “Runway” program, an accelerator which helps post-docs commercialize their research and build companies. She is an angel investor in and advisor to a number of start-ups in the US and developing countries.
Please join me in welcoming Alisa Cohn.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “a leader is someone who can induce others to follow them.”
- how she remembers her leadership skills being apparent when planning for a play in fifth grade.
- how her work today is satisfying, and what her favorite part of her career is.
- how analysis paralysis affects her and what she does to overcome it.
- the morning routine she adapted that has changed her life.
- her mindfulness in connecting with others and embracing a diverse network.
- Alisa Cohn on LinkedIn and Twitter
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels.
- “Ten Minute Toughness” by Jason Selk.
- “The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs: Elevate Your SELF to Elevate Your BUSINESS” by Hal Elrod.
- See all 10+ versions of “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Listen to my interview with Stephanie Chung.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller?Robbie offered several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats and content-rich masterclass sessions scheduled over 90 days. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more-program.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was imported into WordPress in one click using Wordable.