Today’s guest has been recognized as one of Europe’s Leading Business Networking Strategists by The Financial Times and as a master of networking by The Independent.
He believes networking is a vital tool in business, from sales generation to career development, but that it is not treated with the same strategic consideration as other business methods.
As a business networking strategist, his solution is to help companies understand why they are networking, what they want to achieve, and how to use those answers to plan accordingly and get great, measurable responses.
He is an experienced international speaker, the author of three books on networking (with another to be published next year), and has been quoted in a number of other business books. He is a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association and one of just 23 recipients of their ‘Award of Excellence’. He is also a Fellow of the Learning and Performance Institute and a Master of the Institute of Sales Management.
Please join me in welcoming Andy Lopata.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership means making a very clear distinction between managing people, teams, or projects and leading people by giving them inspiration and guidance.”
- how he learned the importance of knowing when and how to ask for help.
- his method for determining what kind of help to give other people.
- how he has made it a point to give feedback when he appreciates the things he learns from others.
- his 24-7-30 rule for connecting with people after he first meets them.
- how he values diversity for learning new ideas and meeting new people.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Recommended: How to sell through networking and referrals” by Andy Lopata
- “…and death came third!: The Definitive Guide to Networking and Speaking in Public” by Andy Lopata and Peter Roper
- “Building a Business on Bacon and Eggs” by Andy Lopata with Stephen Harvard Davis and Terrence P. O’Halloran
- Listen to my interview with Susan RoAne.
- Learn more about Nigel Risner.
- Learn more about Mark Granovetter.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Robbie offered several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats, content-rich masterclass sessions, and one-on-one sessions scheduled over 90 days. The next cohort begins in the fall of 2018. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.