Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:49 — 47.7MB)
Today’s guest believes that communication and connection are the foundation of everything.
She is known for her energetic, engaging, and authentic presentations and is an expert on workplace communications and relationships. She is an accomplished speaker, trainer, coach, and the author of several books including “The 11 Laws of Likability,” which has been translated into 9 languages and used by universities, Fortune 500 companies, and associations around the world.
She has appeared on TV and radio shows across the country and was named by Forbes as one of the 25 Professional Networking Experts to Watch in 2015. Her next book, “The Connectors Club” will be available in March 2019.
Her mission is to help people communicate and lead with confidence, clarity, and connection.
Please join me in welcoming Michelle Tillis Lederman.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is a mindset and an approach to how you conduct yourself in your work. I believe we all have the innate skills to be a leader, it is just a matter of how we leverage them.”
- how many people have a confidence and comfort quality about them that other people recognize as someone they can trust to be a leader.
- her definition of the difference between networking and being a connector.
- some of the key concepts in her upcoming book about connection.
- her belief that “Diversity is important because it gives you a broader perspective, and easier access to people and resources.”
- how she learned to reframe the negative “end of story” thoughts and what people can do to change the negative thoughts to affirming and powerful phrases.
- Michelle Tiller Lederman on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- FREE Interview Preparation Checklist.
- My Top 5 Success Accelerators
- Three words Personal Branding Worksheet
- FREE Assessment! Learn your Networking Type
- FREE Chapter: The Law of Giving and Video Series
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Heroes Get Hired: How To Use Your Military Experience to Master The Interview” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- “The 11 Laws of Likability: Relationship Networking Because People Do Business with People They Like” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- “Nail the Interview, Land the Job: A Step-by-Step Guide for What to Do Before, During and After the Interview” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- Listen to my interview with Michael Roderick.
- Listen to my interview with Zvi Band.
- Learn more about Contactually – this is the CRM Robbie’s recommends.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Robbie offered several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats, content-rich masterclass sessions, and one-on-one sessions scheduled over 90 days. The next cohort begins in the fall of 2018. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.