Today’s guest is the entrepreneur behind 3 multi-million dollar companies, having founded and sold two of them before reaching his 35th birthday.
He is a former small business journalist for The Wall Street Journal, and he is the author of “Profit First,” “The Pumpkin Plan,” and “The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur,” which BusinessWeek deemed “the entrepreneur’s cult classic.” His books have been translated into over 10 different languages.
A popular keynote speaker, he travels the globe as an entrepreneurial advocate, is an active partner in multiple companies, including an American manufacturer, a business growth consultancy, an augmented reality tech firm, and a certification organization for accountants, bookkeepers, and business coaching.
He also created the Profit First Formula, a way for businesses large and small to ensure profitability from their very next deposit forward.
Please join me in welcoming Mike Michalowicz.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcasts? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “leadership is about reciprocity. It is truly about the fact that we will get out of others what we put into others.”
- how he believes everyone can be a leader and that they just need to embrace who they actually are and lean into it.
- how humor and being the class clown grew him into the successful author he is.
- his journey from writing a book with no sales on the launch day, to an author whose book was named the “entrepreneurs cult classic” by BusinessWeek.
- his methods for maintaining connections with his readers and fellow authors and colleagues.
- how he works to create diversity among people who serve his core listeners.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur: The Tell-it-Like-it-is Guide to Cleaning Up in Business, Even if You Are at the End of Your Roll” by Mike Michalowicz
- “The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field” by Mike Michalowicz
- “Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine” by Mike Michalowicz
- “Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself” by Mike Michalowicz
- “The Go-Giver” by Bob Burg
- “Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing” by Roger Dooley
- “The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible” by A.J. Jacobs
- “Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen” by Donald Miller
- “The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich” by Tim Ferriss
- Learn more about Dr. Robert Cialdini.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Learn more about Seth Godin.
- Learn more about Dave Ramsey.
- Learn more about Jack Welsh.
- Learn more about Simon Sinek.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Robbie offered several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats, content-rich masterclass sessions, and one-on-one sessions scheduled over 90 days. The next cohort begins in the fall of 2018. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.