Today’s guest believes that everyone should have access to equal opportunities and wants to see talented professionals succeed in their career. To achieve this, she helps organizations be more diverse and inclusive so that everyone’s talents are utilized and valued.
She is an author, keynote speaker, and organizational consultant. She also serves as a business school adjunct professor teaching courses about Women in Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Diversity in Organizations, and Leadership and Ethics.
She was the 2017 Diversity & Inclusion columnist for Training Industry Magazine and is the author of “The Power of Perceptions: Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and the Gender Divide.”
Please join me in welcoming Dr. Shawn Andrews.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcasts? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “I see a true leader as being someone who inspires others to follow them based on their respect for that person, or their admiration of them.”
- how her older sister was a role model and an influence on the career paths she has taken.
- how her journey took her away from 22 years in the corporate world, to the entrepreneurial world she has embraced since 2015.
- her thoughts on diversity, inclusion, women, and leadership and how she developed those passions through research for her dissertation.
- what she has learned about EQ and IQ and how EQ is a stronger determining factor of success over IQ.
- different mindset shifts she has experienced as she left the corporate world and joined the entrepreneurial world.
- how her networking styles changed when she left corporate, and what she does to nurture relationships
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “The Power of Perception: Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and the Gender Divide” by Dr. Shawn Andrews
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats, content-rich masterclass sessions, and one-on-one sessions scheduled over 90 days. The next cohort begins in the fall of 2018. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”