Today’s guest is passionate about helping others realize their full potential at work. As the founder and CEO of Lead at Any Level, she helps busy professionals develop skills in leadership, diversity, inclusion and career management.
She is the author of “Network Beyond Bias: Making Diversity a Competitive Advantage for Your Career,” is a Prosci Certified Change Practitioner, and a Professional Member of the National Speakers Association.
She began her career as a software developer, later moving into business analysis, systems design, consulting, and management. She has worked at small software companies, multinational corporations, and many stops in between. She is a versatile manager; having led cross-functional and global teams in both the technology and insurance industries.
Please join me in welcoming Amy C. Waninger.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “the most important aspect of leadership is courage. It is the courage to do what is right, even in the face of not being popular, and it is the courage to stand up for others and make things right.”
- how she grew from being a self-proclaimed bossy child into the dynamic and appreciative leader she is today.
- how she views successful leadership as being able to project where the future is going and meeting people there instead of waiting for the future to happen.
- her thoughts on connection being the new currency, over knowledge.
- her C-H-A-M-P and I-G-G-N-O-R-E framework for connecting with others.
- how she supports people who are vastly different from her on Twitter.
- Amy C. Waninger on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- www.leadatanylevel.com/schmooze *free gift* – Download “Network Like a CHAMP” Assessment Tool & Instructions
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Network Beyond Bias: Making Diversity a Competitive Advantage for Your Career” by Amy C. Waninger
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats, content-rich masterclass sessions, and one-on-one sessions scheduled over 90 days. The next cohort begins in the fall of 2018. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.