Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 40:43 — 38.6MB)
Today’s guest is an award-winning writer and digital media innovator. A first-generation digital native, she has spent more than 25 years launching, building, and advising Internet and social media ventures, starting with a bulletin board system she published online at age 14.
As a nationally recognized expert on online culture and social technology, she wrote “The Digital Mystique” which shows us how digital media is shaping our lives in real time. Whether it's how we raise our children, communicate in love and partnerships, support causes, or establish friendships and trust, she pinpoints the best ways to seize digital opportunities to make our lives richer and fuller.
As a serial entrepreneur, she has founded IT, Internet and digital media companies including Leading in Digital, a media strategy consultancy that she ran for twelve years. Currently, she is developing original content for film and digital video.
Please join me in welcoming Sarah Granger.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is being able to stand out on your own and make a statement, but to also be able to bring people along the journey with you.”
- how her parents played a large role in her becoming a digital native.
- the role writing plays in her life and how it is one of the most rewarding parts of her journey.
- how writing and being a digital media innovator tie together.
- how learning to identify the right speed to make change has been one of her biggest challenges and learning opportunities.
- her experience with diversity through her life and how she cultivates her networks using spreadsheets.
- Sarah Graninger on LinkedIn and Twitter
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “The Digital Mystique: How the Culture of Connectivity Can Empower Your Life Online and Off” by Sarah Granger
- Listen to my interview with Michelle Tillis Lederman.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats, content-rich masterclass sessions, and one-on-one sessions scheduled over 90 days. The next cohort begins in the fall of 2018. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”