Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 41:17 — 39.2MB)
Today’s guest is one of the world’s top authorities on growing a consulting business. He has authored five books on consulting and business growth and his most recent book, “The Elite Consulting Mind,” is an Amazon bestseller.
He has helped over 300 consultants all over the world, and in over 50 industries, add six and seven figures to their annual revenues.
In his role, as the CEO of Consulting Success, he has advised organizations like Financial Times and Dow Jones, and helped Panasonic launch new products into the global markets.
Please join me in welcoming Michael Zipursky.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is all about leading yourself first. A lot of people think of leadership in terms of leading others. I’m a big believer you need to lead yourself first before you can lead others.”
- how spending some of his childhood in Israel, and then joining sports helped him develop his leadership styles.
- how helping others gives him his drive for success.
- his journey of consulting that began right after high school and led him to Japan and eventually online.
- his thoughts on the importance of hiring people to help your business grow.
- his methods for staying in contact with people and his appreciation for networking by building genuine relationships with others.
- Michael Zipursky on LinkedIn and Twitter
- www.consultingsuccess.com and on Twitter
- Michael's guide to start a consulting business
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Consulting Success: The Proven Guide to Start, Run and Grow a Successful Consulting Business” (available 10/18/18) by Michael Zipursky
- “The Elite Consulting Mind: 16 Proven Mindsets to Attract More Clients, Increase Your Income, and Achieve Meaningful Success” by Michael Zipursky
- “Creating Business Growth: 21 Successful Marketers Reveal Their Top Business Marketing Secrets” by Michael Zipursky
- “Consulting Success System 2.0: How To Become a Successful Consultant” by Michael Zipursky
- “Profitable Relations: How to Dramatically Increase Your Profits By Giving Customers What They Really Want” by Michael Zipursky
- “The Go-Giver, Expanded Edition: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea” by Bob Burg
- Listen to my interview with John Corcoran.
- Listen to my interview with Chandler Bolt.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. This program helps women grow their business to the next level using relationship-based business strategies. For six months, he meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. First, there’s a 90-day sprint to help you clarify your goals (a mix of one-on-one coaching, mastermind hot seats, and content-rich masterclass sessions) followed by 90 days of masterminding and a final coaching session to help you implement your new goals. Check out the details and then schedule a call with Robbie to see if it would be a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.