Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:54 — 37.0MB)
Today’s guest is an award-winning executive with over 30 years of experience. She has climbed the corporate ladder across multiple sectors, including high tech, consumer and nuclear sensors, aerospace, film production, and glass manufacturing.
To say that she had a unique and difficult start in life is a major understatement. At just 18 years old, she fell blindly in love with a pimp and ran away with him. Tragically, most women who are targeted in this way never escape. She not only escaped but thrived.
She wrote about her true-crime experience in her first book, “Never a $7 Whore,” which was a #1 hot new release on Amazon. Her second book, “The Daytime Lives of the Ladies of the Night” details lessons learned from her time spent living with the Ladies of the Night, And the third book in this four-part series about her life is “Bullets and Bosses Don't Have Friends,” which shares how to assume leadership with the serious edge you need to succeed in the corporate world.
On her journey from a lady of the night to the lady in the boardroom, she became certified as Professional Engineer, a Six Sigma Black Belt, a Certified Professional Manager, trained in Japan and was inducted into the New York YWCA Academy of Women Leaders. Currently, she is the President and CEO of her own company, Just Once.
Please join me in welcoming Toni Crowe.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is about possibility. It’s about possibility for both the person who is leading and for their team.”
- how her spouse was the first person to recognize leadership potential in her and how his encouragement helped her step into her power.
- how a local library with books for one penny gave her the knowledge of life being bigger than the world she was living in, and how books saved her.
- her experience of falling in love with a pimp and overcoming that, leading her to become an author and a leader in the business world.
- how the writing process has brought about people in her life.
- her thoughts on networking and her process for connecting with others.
- Toni Crowe on LinkedIn and Twitter
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Never a $7 Wh*re: My Journey from a Lady of the Night to the Lady of the Boardroom (The $7 Series Book 1)” by Toni Crowe
- “The Daytime Lives of the Ladies of the Night: Book 2 of My Journey from a Lady of the Night to the Lady of the Boardroom. (The $7 Series)” by Toni Crowe
- Listen to my interview with Chandler Bolt.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on strategic, effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in January 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.