Today’s guest specializes in helping companies optimize their online presence.
His journey to becoming a digital marketing expert was circuitous and includes being a couple’s therapist and senior director of a nonprofit that house and sheltered homeless women. His own experience with homelessness as a young child in Columbia makes his expertise in social media marketing, podcasting, e-mail automation, and website optimization even more remarkable.
He has been featured, quoted, and written about in publications such as Chicago Tribune, Forbes, JP Morgan, Entrepreneur Magazine, Inc. Magazine, Huffington Post, and many others.
He has worked with Inc. 500 companies, New York Times bestselling authors, top franchises across America, yoga studios, health clubs, and digital agencies. He helps his clients capture more leads, get more sales, and be the top in their industry.
Please join me in welcoming Luis Congdon.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “I think everyone’s a leader. Leadership is just whenever we have the ability to influence others. Sometimes the leader is the quietest person in the room, inspiring others to do their best work. Other times, leadership is the loudest person in the room, showing others where to go.”
- how sports taught him to be a leader for himself and others and how wrestling gave him the drive and inspiration to shift his idea of what winning and losing looks like, and how he never lost another match after that.
- his thoughts on how to show up as a leader when you feel like others are not recognizing you or your abilities.
- how he helps people position themselves as a true authority in their field.
- his emphasis on networking and his belief that everyone is reachable, and how he uses his beliefs to help him create quality connections with some of the biggest names in many industries.
- the value he places on the people who give him their trust, time, and money, and how he connects with them.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Facebook Marketing: Turn Likes Into Dollars, Grow Your Audience, And Make Money On Facebook Without Paying For Ads” by Luis Congdon
- “Becoming” by Michelle Obama
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Learn more about Jack Canfield.
- Learn more about Marianne Williamson.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in January 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.