Today’s guest breaks silos, works smarter, and gets things done.
She is the Founder and CEO of Cotential, a global consultancy that helps organizations transform by delivering collaboration across teams, business units, customers, and other stakeholders.
She is one of today’s most provocative business thinkers on the future of work. She advises business leaders and companies to lead markets through innovations that matter, create increasing value for customers and clients, deliver sustainable results, and ensuring future global competitiveness.
She is the co-author of the bestselling book: “Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence,” ranked #1 on What Corporate America is Reading.
An in-demand speaker, she has spoken, worldwide, to organizations and enterprises that range from the World Economic Forum at Davos to U.S. and global Fortune 500 companies. She has been listed on the Thinkers50 RADAR list for the emerging management thinkers around the world most likely to shape the future of business, management, and strategy.
Please join me in welcoming Erica Dhawan.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “I define leadership as the ability to enable others to achieve a shared purpose in the face of uncertainty.”
- how attending a Global Entrepreneurship program when she was 17 was the catalyst for her becoming a leader.
- how her desire to self-reflect and continuously improve came from her failed attempts instead of her successes.
- various research she has conducted about connection and how that led her to creating the concept of Connectional Intelligence™.
- the three types of connectors we all are and how we can use our connection type to better collaborate and network with others.
- her habits around networking and connection that allow her to deeply connect with others for a purpose.
- Erica Dhawan on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- What type of Connector are you? Text 66866 – type Erica – to receive a free assessment.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence” by Erica Dhawan
- “The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference” by Malcolm Gladwell
- “Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships that Matter” by Scott Gerber and Ryan Paugh
- Learn more about Marshall Ganz.
- Erica Dhawan at Inspire 2015 (video).
- Listen to my interview with Scott Gerber.
- Learn more about Contactually.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.