Today’s guest’s last bad day was July 11th, 2001, a day that changed his life in a significant way.
Experiencing a harrowing cycling accident was the catalyst to the seminal shift that changed his perspective, mindset, and actions. Since then, he has been helping leaders make change stick at work and in their lives.
In addition to executive coaching and speaking, he is the best-selling author of “Shift: Creating Better Tomorrows,” and the founder of a leadership academy that helps people become the wealthiest person they know, from the inside out.
Please join me in welcoming Michael O’Brien.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is really about knowing your purpose, trying to paint a compelling vision of the future, connecting with others, and then making it about their success.”
- how baseball coaches shaped his views on leadership from a young age.
- how his cycling accident changed his life and the significant mindset shifts he went through to start living his life on purpose.
- the intention he puts into his leadership academy, and how he connects with each and every student.
- his experience with being a minority at a conference and how that led to him becoming President of a chapter of the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Shift: Creating Better Tomorrows: Winning at Work and in Life” by Michael O’Brien
- “Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy” by Mo Gawdat
- Learn more about Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Listen to my interview with Mo Gawdat.
- Learn more about The Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation.
- Learn more about Christopher Reeve.
- Learn more about Marie Forleo.
- Listen to my interview with Tammy Gooler Loeb.
- Learn more about Tammy’s Work From The Inside Out podcast.
- Learn more about the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association – NY Chapter.
- Learn more about Maya Angelou.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.