Today’s guest helps innovators, idealists, and iconoclasts get “unstuck.” She helps them push past the doubt and indecision that consign great ideas to limbo.
She is a serial entrepreneur who has started and sold a successful international executive search firm, built philanthropic and political action committees from scratch, and was a White House appointee on the team which created the national service project, AmeriCorps.
She is the author of multiple books including her latest, “Limitless: How to Ignore Everybody, Carve Your Own Path, and Live Your Best Life.” Not a surprising topic for someone who describes herself as the lightweight champion of the get-the-hell-out-of-your-own-way world, a competitive rower, and professional badass.
Please join me in welcoming Laura Gassner Otting.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is looking at other people, seeing their greatness, and reflecting that back on them in a way they can see it, believe it, and do something with it.”
- how her time in politics taught her the difference between the person on stage and the people who are leaders.
- her belief that success doesn’t create happiness and that success and leadership look different to each person.
- the four elements that remove limits and empower people to live their best lives.
- her knowledge of networking and how she learned to respect other people’s agendas.
- how she maintains relationships with people by being conscious of where she’s traveling and connecting friends from different walks in life.
- Laura Gassner Otting on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- www.lauragassnerotting.com (and the easier to remember: www.heylgo.com)
- www.limitlessassessment.com – free assessment
- Top 20 Best Ever Tips for Absolutely Super Awesome Networking.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Limitless: How to Ignore Everybody, Carve Your Own Path, and Live Your Best Life” by Laura Gassner Otting
- “Mission Driven: Moving from Profit to Purpose” by Laura Gassner Otting
- “The Mission Driven Handbook: A Resource for Moving from Profit to Purpose” by Laura Gassner Otting
- “Change Your Career: Transitioning to the Nonprofit Sector” by Laura Gassner Otting
- “Big Citizenship: How Pragmatic Idealism Can Bring Out the Best in America” by Alan Khazeibil
- “Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead” by Sheryl Sandberg
- Learn more about Bill Clinton.
- Learn more about Michael Port.
- Learn more about Dale Carnegie.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.