Today’s guest is a business thought leader who is known as “the woman with the titanium digital Rolodex.”
In her more than 30 years of experience as an entrepreneur and corporate leader, she has served as the CEO of both public and private companies and in management positions at Fortune 500 companies.
She has been profiled in Inc., Forbes, Venture Beat, Huffington Post, and Bloomberg Businessweek as a sterling example of the new breed of “super connectors” who use their experience and networks to accelerate growth and enhance profitability.
She is the author of “Crack the Funding Code: How Investors Think and What They Need to Hear to Fund Your Startup” and “How to Be a Power Connector: the 5-50-150 Rule,” which was #1 of The Top Ten Business Books of 2014 by Inc.com.
Please join me in welcoming Judy Robinett.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leaders are the visionary people who are empathetic. They build a team by caring about their people and getting that group to execute a vision together.”
- how leadership experiences in graduate school taught her how to be an empathetic leader.
- her journey from being a shy and bullied kid to being a powerful connector and strong leader.
- how she learned the importance of talking to strangers and where purposeful conversations have taken her.
- her 5+50+100 rule for networking and making connections.
- the three golden questions she follows to help crowdsurf through other people’s networks to find help when needed.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Crack the Funding Code: How Investors Think and What They Need to Hear to Fund Your Startup” by Judy Robinett
- “How to Be a Power Connector: The 5+50+100 Rule for Turning Your Business Network Into Profits” by Judy Robinett
- “Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Client Retention” by John Ruhlin
- Learn more about Stephen Covey.
- Learn more about Mark Cuban.
- Listen to my interview with Dr. Ivan Misner.
- Learn more about Bob Burg (his interview will be released this fall!).
- Learn more about McKinsey.
- Learn more about the Association for Corporate Growth.
- Learn more about Renaissance Weekend.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.