Today’s guest has a mission for helping solopreneur experts do what they love and get paid what they’re worth.
He is a recognized authority on entrepreneurship and leadership development, having served as a CEO, COO, and CFO in the not-for-profit sector as well as a project manager in the private sector.
As the host of the business podcast Smashing the Plateau, he’s released over 400 episodes that offer a wealth of personal experiences and practical advice about achieving business breakthroughs.
He is the Co-Founder of the BestNetwork, which guides expertise-driven solopreneur business owners to save time and make more money.
Please join me in welcoming David Shriner-Cahn.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership means communicating ideas that spur other people to take action. It’s about inspiring others and it’s not about authority or command.”
- how he has taken on leadership roles, especially as a volunteer, for a lot of his life.
- how he launched his business in 2006 and then started business networking in 2007 and what he has learned from that.
- some of his strengths and how he learned to decipher his strengths.
- his networking habits including conferences, in-person get-togethers, and collaborating with other entrepreneurs to connect people.
- his BestNetwork membership network.
- David Shriner-Cahn on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Learn more about BNI: Business Network International.
- Listen to my interview with Dr. Ivan Misner.
- Learn more about Terry Gross.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Learn more about Dorie Clark’s Recognized Expert Assessment Tool.
- Learn more about Steve Olsher.
- Learn more about Jaime Jay.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.