Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 42:51 — 41.1MB)
Today’s guest helps people get back to the basics of relationships that lead to better opportunities and sales.
Having worked as a keynote speaker and professional master of ceremonies for the last ten years, he is an advocate for creating strong experiences for conference attendees. He has authored twelve books on the power of business relationships, sales, networking, presentation skills, and entrepreneurship and has earned the prestigious Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation conferred by the National Speakers Association.
He has interviewed over 400 CEOs, entrepreneurs, and business leaders as host of the Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do podcast, which Inc.com named one of eight business podcasts to listen to in 2018.
Please join me in welcoming Thom Singer, CSP.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership really means being present, having a vision, and helping the team get across whatever the gap is.”
- how he didn’t necessarily feel like he had the confidence to be a leader as a kid but still found himself stepping up when it was needed.
- his experience with game shows, starting in second grade.
- how he has placed himself in the path of luck and been on many adventures because of it.
- his hobby of speaking at open mic night at comedy clubs and how that has helped him in his professional speaking career.
- his proactive method for connecting with people.
- Thom Singer on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Batteries Not Included” by Thom Singer
- “Some Assembly Required: How to Make, Grow and Keep Your Business Relationships” by Thom Singer
- “Some Assembly Required: A Networking Guide for Women” by Thom Singer
- “The ABC’s of Speaking” by Thom Singer
- “ABC’s of Entrepreneurs” by Thom Singer
- “The ABC’s of Networking” by Thom Singer
- Learn more about Drew Tarvin.
- Listen to my interview with Jessica Pettitt.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.