Today’s guest understands you can’t do it all yourself. Her clients are at a tipping point, launching the next phase of their life and business while creating multiple business income streams – which is why she’s their expert resource for finding the best virtual assistant for their needs.
Based on the positive response to her two books “Become a Successful Virtual Assistant” and “Hire the Right Virtual Assistant” she decided there was a need for an association to promote a high standard of excellence among VAs. Thus, she founded the Association of Virtual Assistants.
In 2017, she became location independent and traveled to 16 countries in 12 months while growing her business at a rapid rate. Since then, she has become a sought-after Remote Work Consultant, helping individuals looking for remote work, as well as those in need of better hiring and managing their remote teams.
Please join me in welcoming Melissa Smith.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is knowing your strengths and weaknesses and making sure you have the ability to have people pull them out of you while you also do that for them.”
- how anonymous, random of acts of kindness with her dad and watching her mom as a soft-spoken but powerful “quiet” leader influenced who she is and how she operates today.
- how she finds joy in seeing others get over the humps in their lives to achieve the greatness they are capable of.
- the Association of Virtual Assistants she recently launched and what she loves about it.
- how she knows when she needs to hire another Virtual Assistant.
- her methods for networking and investing in relationships over the long haul.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Hire The Right Virtual Assistant: How the Right VA Will Make Your Life Easier, Create Time, and Make You More Money” by Melissa Smith
- “Become A Successful Virtual Assistant: Learn the Business Side & Ditch the 9 to 5” by Melissa Smith
- “The CEO Next Door: The 4 Behaviors that Transform Ordinary People into World-Class Leaders” by Elena L. Botelho
- Learn more about Steven Pressfield.
- Learn more about the Association of Virtual Assistants.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.