Today’s guest is an Emergency Crisis & International Trauma Recovery Coach.
She has over three decades of experience in trauma-informed care working with families, institutions, and organizations in the aftermath of crisis situations and traumatic life events. She provides emergency crisis, international trauma recovery, behavioral management, and executive coaching.
She is the Founder and CEO of Eyes of Power, a certified minority and woman-owned company dedicated to creating visions that help others take leaps in their personal and professional lives.
Her personal history with trauma inspired her to create culturally-competent tools that meet her clients where they are. In addition to being a contributing author to several books, she is writing a book to share her story and make these tools available to more people.
Please join me in welcoming Desheen L. Evans.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “I look at leadership like it’s a banana, you have to peel it back to eat it. There are actual steps you have to take to get to leadership.”
- her belief that there is no such thing as a one-person leader.
- all of her work with trauma-informed care and meeting people exactly where they are.
- her new training program, The Lens of Trauma, and how she is working to help people view trauma differently.
- how she has a habit of purposely making one person smile every day.
- her insights on connecting with others and the go-getter part of her personality that has helped her make significant professional advancements.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “My Creative Thoughts: Inspired by Global Best-Selling Authors” – co-authored by Desheen L. Evans
- “Are YOU the Missing Piece?” Don’t Leave a Hole in the World” – co-authored by Desheen L. Evans
- “My Journey My Journal” – co-authored by Desheen L. Evans
- “The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- Listen to my first episode with Michelle Tillis Lederman.
- Listen to my second episode with Michelle Tillis Lederman.
- Learn more about Mandy Carter.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.