Today’s guest helps people shift the way they perceive and respond to change and adversity, helping them to see opportunities instead of obstacles.
After a devastating accident that left her a quadriplegic and dependent on a wheelchair at 12 years old, she learned the true meaning of resilience. Instead of slowing down, she has used her life experience and personal philosophies to become Australia’s leading keynote speaker and facilitator on resilience. She helps corporate leaders be their best in challenging times.
She is the author of “How To Be Resilient” and is frequently featured in national media for her insights on resilience in the workplace.
Her “say yes and figure out how later” approach to life has helped her achieve remarkable feats like starring in a feature film with no acting experience, competing at a national level in para-athletics after 22 years on the sidelines, and running for parliament.
Please join me in welcoming Stacey Copas.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is being energy rather than a title. It is creating a space to strike a balance between meeting big picture objectives while also helping to facilitate the growth and aspirations of a team.”
- how she worked through significant adversity and “little old me” syndrome to become who she is today.
- her proverbial “fork in the road” moment.
- how she has naturally networked, doing things like hosting a monthly barbeque and how LinkedIn has been central to her business growth.
- her thoughts about diversity and its importance.
- how gratitude has been a central part of her business and what she is doing to help others find it.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “How To Be Resilient: The Blueprint For Getting Results When Things Don't Go To Plan by Stacey Copas
- Learn more about Jenny Lisk.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He works with associations to increase retention, engagement, and member value by creating more welcoming and inclusive conference experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.