Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 44:55 — 43.0MB)
Today’s guest is a sought-after speaker who has shared the platform with everyone from today’s business leaders and broadcast personalities to even a former U.S. President.
A prolific author of books on sales, marketing, and influence, for years he was best known for his book “Endless Referrals” – that is until he released “The Go-Giver” a business parable he co-authored. It joined The Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek Bestseller lists, sold over 850,000 copies, has been translated into 28 languages, and inspired a book series. The most recent parable in the Go-Giver Series is The Go-Giver Influencer.
The American Management Association named him one of the Top 30 Leaders in Business and he was named one of the Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World by Richtopia.
Please join me in welcoming Bob Burg.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is indeed moving people to a desired action but doing so in a way that you tie your goal into theirs.”
- how he handled learning his first role in sales, and then his first role in leadership.
- the emphasis he and many other leaders place on pull instead of push.
- his view on how we are responsible to people but not responsible for people.
- the difference between manipulation and persuasion.
- three different surprises he has experienced with reciprocity.
- his tips for what does work for networking at events.
- Bob Burg on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea” by Bob Burg
- “Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion” by Bob Burg
- “It’s Not About You: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business” by Bob Burg
- “The Art of Persuasion: Winning Without Intimidation” by Bob Burg
- “Endless Referrals” by Bob Burg
- “The Art of Talking so People Will Listen: Getting Through to Family, Friends, & Business Associates” by Paul W. Swets
- “Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade” by Robert Cialdini
- “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion” by Dr. Robert Cialdini
- “48 Laws of Power” by Robert Greene
- “Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine” by Mike Michalowicz
- Learn more about John Maxwell.
- Listen to my interview with Matt Ward.
- Listen to my interview with Dr. Ivan Misner.
- Learn more about Andrea Nierenberg.
- Learn more about Bill Gove.
- Learn more about Cavett Robert.
- Learn more about the National Speakers Association.
- Learn more about National Cash Register (NCR).
- Learn more about Jeffrey Shaw.
- Learn more about John David Mann.
- Learn more about Lee Cockerell.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He works with associations to increase retention, engagement, and member value by creating more welcoming and inclusive conference experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.