Today’s guest helps people unleash their creativity by banishing their inner critic and hacking their creative brains.
She is a keynote speaker, author, and creativity evangelist who consults with companies worldwide. As the founder and CEO of The Creative Dose, she uses research-backed data, vivid storytelling, and experiential exercises to give people an injection of inspiration and immediately applicable tools to help them do their best work.
Author of “Banish Your Inner Critic,” a premier handbook on silencing fears to unleash creativity, she has presented at organizations like Google, Facebook, GitHub, the BBC, and TEDxRheinMain.
In her previous life, she was in the Web Design and Development industry and is the author of “The CSS Detective Guide.”
Please join me in welcoming Denise Jacobs.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Being a leader and leadership is about having a vision, seeing what needs to be done, and understanding how to go about it. You won’t always have all the answers but leaders have the clarity of seeing the path.”
- how she embraced being a leader when she was in high school and ran for student council.
- her experience with seeing women in leadership roles in college, and how that helped shape her view of leaders.
- how she got into computers and technology, learned them, and then discovered her passion for helping others.
- the journey that took her to establish herself as a sought-after speaker.
- how speaking has influenced her life, including giving her the opportunity to speak in place of Brené Brown.
- her methods for maintaining connections, using strategic serendipity.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Banish Your Inner Critic: Silence the Voice of Self-Doubt to Unleash Your Creativity and Do Your Best Work” by Denise Jacobs
- “The CSS Detective Guide: Tricks for solving tough CSS mysteries” by Denise Jacobs
- Learn more about Brené Brown.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He works with associations to increase retention, engagement, and member value by creating more welcoming and inclusive conference experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.