Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 46:18 — 42.6MB)
Today’s guest has dedicated his life to the idea that escapism is one of the single most important elements of what makes us human.
As an award-winning veteran of the music industry, his expertise ranges from being a drummer and producer to an artist development and label founder. In his ground-breaking music tech consulting business, he worked with Aerosmith, the Stones, Ringo Starr, Elton John, and Sting.
He is the author of three books, the Founder of Audio One, and the CEO of Frangioni Media and All Access IDA. He recently became the Publisher of Modern Drummer Magazine, the world’s number one drumming publication.
Please join me in welcoming David Frangioni.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “The definition of leadership is taking charge, taking responsibility for all of the steps and being what you want to see in the rest of the team.”
- how having supportive, giving, and hard-working parents helped him not only go through some traumatic experiences but also inspired him into success.
- his journey into building Audio One, which began with him learning how to drum at 8 years old.
- his methods for staying in touch with people through a myriad of ways, but always focusing on serving others.
- where his business is now, including mentoring people.
- how he has taken over as publisher for Modern Drumming and what he expects to accomplish over the next year.
- David Frangioni on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “CRASH: The World's Greatest Drum Kits From Appice to Peart to Van Halen” by David Frangioni
- “Clint Eastwood Icon: The Essential Film Art Collection” by David Frangioni
- Learn more about Jonah Rocks.
- Learn more about Joe Morello.
- Learn more about Alan Dawson.
- Learn more about Louis Bellson.
- Learn more about training at Dale Carnegie.
- Learn more about Modern Drummer Magazine.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He helps associations inspire life-long membership by creating welcoming and inclusive first-timer experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.