Today’s guest has over thirty years of experience in public speaking, yet used to be the shyest kid in her class. She is the CEO of ACE Public Speaking, which is an online & experiential platform for training in communication, presentation and public speaking skills both for adults & kids.
She is a multi-talented professional who consults with companies and organizations to help them generate revenue through business development and marketing. She also owns a couture fine jewelry company and her jewelry has been worn by royalty and celebrities and is sold in luxury stores like Neiman Marcus. Prior to this, she worked at IBM, KPMG & Cartier.
Philanthropically, she has been involved with organizations such as UN Women, The Resolution Project, and is currently on the executive committee of the Gender Equality Foundation.
Please join me in welcoming Jyoti Singhvi.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Having a vision for a certain type of scenario and being able to mobilize yourself and those around you to achieve that goal.”
- how she was very shy until 4th grade when her principal asked her to audition for a play.
- how she has taken her transformation from shyness and now helps other people overcome their shyness as well.
- her jewelry business and how she brought something different to it through storytelling.
- the confidence she has in reaching out to other people, no matter their title, and some of the success stories that have come from that.
- her public speaking programs that build into relationship-building programs.
- Jyoti Singhvi on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Free Confidence Course: www.tinyurl.com/freecourseonconfidence
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters” by Priya Parker
- “Community: The Structure of Belonging” by Peter Block
- Robbie’s Free Masterclass: Discovering Your Ideal Client.
- All of Robbie’s free Masterclasses: www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He helps associations inspire life-long membership by creating welcoming and inclusive first-timer experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.