Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 45:22 — 41.6MB)
Today’s guest began her training as a customer service expert when she was only nine years old. Growing up as a Midwest farmer’s daughter, she learned how to master the art of customer engagement to help sell more sweet corn than the competition.
Since then, she has made her mark as an entrepreneur, keynote speaker, and author. She is the go-to resource for customer service excellence. For over two decades, she has shared her practical point of view on customer service and staff development with audiences and companies across the country. Her approach includes blending real-life examples with proven action steps for improvement.
Her latest book, “The 10¢ Decision: How Small Change Pays Off Big” features her most sought after and impactful strategies to find and retain the best staff and highest-quality customers while also delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Please join me in welcoming Laurie Guest.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her definition of leadership: “My definition of leadership is the ability to get desired results from others, no matter what environment you are in.”
- how she first understood leadership during elementary school when she believed “my jump rope, my rules” but quickly learned that people were more likely to follow people who are kind instead of bossy.
- how storytelling and speaking go hand in hand in her life.
- her ability to run her business her own way and how she navigates the pressure to run her business how other people think she should.
- her metaphor of a boat marina in reference to networking.
- her methods for interacting and networking with people.
- Laurie Guest on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The 10 Cent Decision: How Small Change Pay Off Big” by Laurie Guest
- “Wrapped in Stillness: A Personal Retreat Guide” by Laurie Guest
- Learn more about the National Speakers Association.
- Learn more about Marilyn Sherman.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He helps associations inspire life-long membership by creating welcoming and inclusive first-timer experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.