Today’s guest’s philosophy is to work with what you’ve got and build as you go along.
That philosophy has helped thousands of people graduate from his Booked and Paid to Speak Training Course ready to start and build their own speaking businesses – transforming their passion project into a paycheck.
A nationally known speaker, he has given nearly 1,000 live presentations and has spoken to over 500,000 people in 47 different states through leadership conferences, conventions and other events.
He is the host of The Speaker Lab, which is a podcast with nearly 300 episodes that focus on speaker training and interviews with speakers who will help listeners grow their business.
His first book, “Reality Check,” is taught in 400 high schools around the country. He is also the author of “The Successful Speaker: Five Steps for Booking Gigs, Getting Paid, and Building Your Platform.”
Please join me in welcoming Grant Baldwin.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is influence and the ability to get other people to follow you and trust you in the direction you are leading them.”
- his journey from youth pastor to professional speaker, including many side hustles.
- a wealth of information about learning from people who are just a few steps ahead of you in order to grow in both business and life.
- the importance he places on connecting with other people.
- his networking strategies including prioritizing in-person connections and growing with peer masterminds.
- his most important goals for the next year in business and growing as a husband and father.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The Successful Speaker: Five Steps for Booking Gigs, Getting Paid, and Building Your Platform” by Grant Baldwin
- “Reality Check” by Grant Baldwin
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by Inc., Forbes, Harvard Business Review Ascend and Lifehacker. He helps event organizers and associations inspire life-long membership by creating welcoming and inclusive participant experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking. Watch his TEDx “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.