Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:46 — 46.7MB)
Today’s guest is dedicated to training people to let go of obstacles and live and work with courage, commitment, and confidence.
Over the last 25 years, she has built her business one relationship and one speech at a time – motivating and inspiring audiences to get out of their comfort zone and get a front-row seat in life. She believes that everyone will have more success at work and in life by following 4 simple strategies that she calls Front-Row Success.
She is a CSP, a Certified Speaking Professional, which is the highest earned designation in the speaking profession, with only 12 percent of speakers worldwide holding this designation. She was also inducted into the CPAE Speaker Hall of fame.
She is the author of 4 motivational books, some have even described them as ‘life-changing,’ including her latest on goal-setting called “Is There A Hole In Your Bucket List?”
Please join me in welcoming Marilyn Sherman.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “A leader is someone who is doing the right thing even when no one is watching. When they walk in their power and authenticity, they can’t help but illuminate the path for others.”
- how she got into speaking and realized it was a passion of hers, before even graduating high school.
- how her dad and several other key people influenced her career and life trajectory and why they were significant.
- her decision to serve within the National Speakers Association.
- some of the lessons she has learned about networking from mentors and close friends.
- what S.E.A.T means.
- Marilyn Sherman on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Is There A Hole In Your Bucket List? How to Overcome Obstacles That Keep You From Achieving Your Goals?” by Marilyn Sherman
- “Whose Comfort Zone Are You In?” by Marilyn Sherman
- “Why Settle for the Balcony? (How to Get a Front-Row Seat In Life!)” by Marilyn Sherman
- “How to Make it Big in the Seminar Business” by Paul Karasik
- Learn more about Zig Ziglar.
- Learn more about Dr. Denis Waitley.
- Learn more about Wayne Dyer.
- Learn more about the National Speakers Association.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Learn more about Janet Bailey.
- Learn more about Colette Carlson.
- Listen to my interview with Laurie Guest.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by Inc., Forbes, Harvard Business Review Ascend and Lifehacker. He works with event organizers and associations to create a better experience for “Year 2” participants, leading to increased member value and member retention. In light of COVID-19, he is assisting organizations with bringing this more engaging experience to virtual events as a Virtual Event Consultant and Emcee.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze. Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist & Business Coach
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches “expert entrepreneurs” (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more about private coaching packages? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.