Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 42:01 — 38.7MB)
Today’s guest is on a mission to disrupt the way we approach empowerment.
A lifelong entrepreneur, she is the founder and CEO of IMPERIA™, an incubator for women creating social impact projects across seven continents.
Her methodology of Self-Directed Empowerment is showcased in her keynotes around the world from Abu Dhabi to Harvard University and the United Nations and she is a featured expert on women’s entrepreneurship for the U.S. State Department. When she isn’t on stage, she is at IMPERIA’s headquarters atop the World Trade Center in NYC, where she and her team have dedicated themselves to building resilient female leaders.
She is the author of two books, her most recent is “No One is Coming: An Empowerment Manifesto” and she has been featured in international media including Bloomberg Businessweek and the documentary Eat.Drink.Cook.
Please join me in welcoming Jennifer Iannolo.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is about the character. It’s about who you are when things get really tough.”
- how she went from a “bossy” child to a leader through learning radical empathy.
- the question she has asked several clients over the last few weeks about who they want to be known as once this pandemic is over.
- how she is a first-generation American and how her experiences and successes are directly from her dad, who was raised under Mussolini rule, and her mom, who was raised under the rule of Winston Churchill.
- how she learned about resilience.
- her methods for networking, including having group dinners when she is traveling.
- Jennifer Iannolo on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “No One is Coming: An Empowerment Manifesto” by Jennifer Iannolo
- “The Gilded Fork – Entertaining at Home: A Year of Dinner Parties” by Jennifer Iannolo and Mark Tafoya
- “Pivot: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One” by Jenny Blake
- “The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- Listen to my interview with Jenny Blake.
- Listen to my interview with Michelle Tillis Lederman.
- Learn more about the National Speakers Association.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by Inc., Forbes, Harvard Business Review Ascend and Lifehacker. He works with event organizers and associations to create a better experience for “Year 2” participants, leading to increased member value and member retention.
In light of COVID-19, he is assisting organizations with bringing this more engaging experience to virtual events as a Virtual Event Design Consultant and Emcee. Events are about content AND connections. Virtual events can no longer be an exception.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze. Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist & Business Coach
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches “expert entrepreneurs” (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more about private coaching packages? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”