Today’s guest is an educator, author, and entrepreneur who is on a mission to reimagine business and transform education.
As the founder and CEO of Mirasee, a business education company, he has developed innovative training programs that have raised the bar for online education. Some of his most popular training programs include the Course Builder’s Laboratory, the Business Ignition Bootcamp, and the ACES Club. Over 5,000 value-driven entrepreneurs have enrolled in these programs.
His own entrepreneurial journey has had many twists and turns. He built Mirasee after his previous startup imploded in 2008, leaving him quarter million dollars in debt. But he’s fond of saying that “failure is only failure if it happens in the last chapter; otherwise, it’s a plot twist.”
Today, Mirasee is a seven-figure business with 20 employees distributed all over the world. It’s no wonder that many top leaders in his industry reach out when they need help with their business or strategy.
He is the author of 10 books including “Teach and Grow Rich” and “Leveraged Learning.” His latest book, “Teach Your Gift” was just released.
Please join me in welcoming Danny Iny.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership “A leader’s job is to direct the focus for other people in terms of what they should be thinking about and what they should be focusing on feeling. It’s not a role, but an action or responsibility.”
- his humble beginnings as a middle school entrepreneur/rebel and how his boredom as a student has led him down a path to run a seven-figure business.
- how a company imploding is like a really bad breakup.
- the transformation from a blog to Mirasee which is NOT a family business even though his entire family bought into his dream and works there.
- his innovative approach to hiring.
- how building and nurturing relationships can lead to success.
- using systems that play to your uniqueness.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Teach Your Gift: How Coaches, Consultants, Authors, Speakers, and Experts Create Online Course Business Success in 2020 and Beyond” by Danny Iny
- “Leveraged Learning: How the Disruption of Education Helps Lifelong Learners, and Experts with Something to Teach” by Danny Iny
- “The World Works Better” by Danny Iny
- “Teach and Grow Rich: Share Your Knowledge to Create Global Impact, Freedom, and Wealth” by Danny Iny
- “Website Copywriting: The 7 Essential Pages for Online Business Success (Business Reimagined Series Book 1)” by Danny Iny
- “The Audience Revolution: The Smarter Way to Build a Business, Make a Difference, and Change the World” by Danny Iny
- “Engagement from Scratch! How Super-Community Builders Create a Loyal Audience and How You Can Do the Same!” by Danny Iny, et. al. –
- “Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Client Retention” by John Ruhlin
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Listen to my interview with John Corcoran.
- Learn more about Jayson Gaignard.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by Inc., Forbes, Harvard Business Review Ascend and Lifehacker. He works with event organizers and associations to create a better experience for “Year 2” participants, leading to increased member value and member retention.
In light of COVID-19, he is assisting organizations with bringing this more engaging experience to virtual events as a Virtual Event Design Consultant and Emcee. Events are about content AND connections. Virtual events can no longer be an exception.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Sign up for his free weekly Virtual Happy Hours at www.NoMoreBadZoom.com.
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze. Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist & Business Coach
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches “expert entrepreneurs” (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more about private coaching packages? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.