Today’s guest focuses on the communication side of leadership.
Through her warmth and humor, she helps people to become better communicators, influencers and leaders. They recognize gaps, build on strengths, and become more effective professionals.
Over the last 10 years, she has worked with clients across a variety of sectors to enhance their performance and workplace influence. Her clients have included AirBnB, Bank of America, Microsoft, Nestlé, and Visa.
She is the founder of Forte Consulting inspiring extraordinary performances from individuals and teams.
Please join me in welcoming Hope Timberlake.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is three things: having a clear purpose, thinking about the team, and how they lead”.
- how being a leader has been a consistent theme in her childhood development from being the oldest child to being tapped in the 8th grade to teach Latin to kindergarteners.
- her mentor who entrusted her with a phenomenal career opportunity at the young age of 23.
- her baby boot camp franchise which helped her nurture her entrepreneur spirit while being a mom to small children but made her feel very vulnerable.
- how having children really showed her how much she needed community connections to be a great parent and an even better entrepreneur.
- how she put herself out there despite her vulnerability in order to be seen.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism” by Olivia Fox Cabane
- Learn more about Laura J. Esserman, MD, MBA
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by Inc., Forbes, Harvard Business Review Ascend and Lifehacker. He works with event organizers and associations to create a better experience for “Year 2” participants, leading to increased member value and member retention.
In light of COVID-19, he is assisting organizations with bringing this more engaging experience to virtual events as a Virtual Event Design Consultant, Virtual Emcee, and Zoom Producer. Events are about content AND connections. Virtual events can no longer be an exception.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
SIGN UP for his free weekly Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze. Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist & Business Coach
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches “expert entrepreneurs” (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more about private coaching packages? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.