Today’s guest has been called “the undisputed champion at helping small businesses land big clients” by Inc. Magazine.
She developed a proprietary framework, based on her two decades of experience navigating all sides of the corporate buying table. This framework has been leveraged by thousands of small businesses across 72 countries to secure multi 5-, 6- and 7-figure+ corporate contracts. INSIDE EDGE, her global conference brings small and diverse business owners together with major brands like AT&T, IBM, and Coca-Cola to help them work together more effectively.
She has been named an Enterprising Woman of the Year by Enterprising Women Magazine, has been featured in numerous publications including Entrepreneur, Forbes, and the Washington Post, as well as on ABC, NBC, and CBS. She is a regular panelist on Yahoo! Finances show YFi PM.
Please join me in welcoming Angelique Rewers.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership seeing a gap and jumping in to fill it. They honor that role with courage and strategic thinking.”
- how being a narrator at age 6 for a Christmas play was her first leadership experience.
- how growing up in the 80s really helped shape who she was growing up and who she wanted to be.
- the discrimination she felt as a woman when she was not promoted in title or salary while performing the role of a leader.
- the experience of spending her 20s working at the helm of a company with the top decision makers.
- what led her to build her business after meeting a very persistent potential client at a conference.
- her frustration with people not taking action and not building relationships.
- her strategy to nurture and sustain the outer layers of her network by creating experiences.
- her mantra of doing the things that give her energy and not the things that deplete her energy.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, and relationship-based business strategy coach who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by Harvard Business Review Ascend, Forbes, Lifehacker, and Inc and as an “industry expert in the field of digital event design” by JDC Events.
He created The 5% Advantage Program, a four-week experiential program that helps presenters grow in their confidence with Zoom, online facilitation, and virtual event design so they can reduce their tech angst and host more engaging online experiences that meet the purpose of the convening and participants' need for content and connection.
He is the host of #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hour, a popular weekly virtual event that explores new ways to design engaging virtual experiences. He assists organizations with bringing their in-person events strategically online as a Virtual Event Design Consultant, Virtual Emcee, and Zoom Producer.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations, women's leadership summits, and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” –www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
SIGN UP for his free weekly Virtual Happy Hours –www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze. Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
The 5% Advantage Program – #NoMoreBadZoom
Are virtual events a big part of your 2020 business plan? People have started to be less forgiving when it comes to bad Zoom, causing “Zoom fatigue.”
- You need the confidence and skills to up your game. The problem is that there are so many new pieces of technology to master quickly that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're trying to go from zero to 100 immediately, when — to make the most of your time — focusing on getting 5% better every time you host would allow you to focus on the most important and highest-impact options.
- Why?Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? The 5% Advantage Program teaches online facilitation and virtual event design, but even more so, give you the tools for reflection and continuous improvement.
- Through this interactive and experiential 4-week program you will grow in your confidence with Zoom, online facilitation, and virtual event design so you can reduce your tech angst and host more engaging online experiences that meet the purpose of the convening and participants' need for content and connection.
- The time to start getting 5% better is now because you will be sought out, not just for your expertise, but for your ability to deliver that expertise on an interactive virtual platform.
- Interested to learn more about this program and get on the waitlist? Details www.the5percentadvantage.com.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist & Business Coach
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches “expert entrepreneurs” to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more about private coaching packages? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click fromGoogle Docs into WordPresswith Wordable.