Today’s guest believes in celebrating and embracing diversity.
With a unique and practical approach to diversity and inclusion, she helps leaders and teams promote a more inclusive work environment. She brings a fresh and uniquely positive approach to diversity keynote talks, while still challenging the status quo.
Her work has been featured in USA Today, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and Fast Company. She's appeared on CNN, the Today Show, the BBC, and National Public Radio. She has been named one of Chicago’s Notable LGBTQ Executives by Crain’s Chicago Business and one of the Top 25 Women in Meetings by Meetings and Conventions Magazine.
She is the CEO of Equality Institute and an award-winning author of 4 books including “Inclusive 360: Proven Solutions for an Equitable Organization.”
Please join me in welcoming Bernadette Smith.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is someone inspiring and guiding a team towards a shared sense of purpose and goals.”
- how she used her vision to get into Woodstock ‘94 with her friends and raise money for Habitat for Humanity.
- how she found her voice in her late teens.
- the origin story of her event planning business focused on gay weddings during the start of the fight for marriage equality.
- how event planning for LGBTQ couples led to a DEI-focused transition.
- how the universe humbled her at the precise moment she wasn’t being true to herself.
- how writing a weekly newsletter can be a great way to build relationships.
- how she nurtures and sustains her network.
- Bernadette Smith on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Sign up for the 5 Things Newsletter
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Inclusive 360: Proven Solutions for an Equitable Organization” by Bernadette Smith
- “Gay Wedding Confidential: Adventures and Advice from America's #1 Gay Wedding Planner” by Bernadette Coveney Smith
- “The Business of Gay Weddings: A Guide for Wedding Professionals” by Bernadette Smith
- “The Lesbian Couple's Guide to Wedding Planning: Everything You Need to Know About Planning Your Dream Wedding” by Bernadette Coveney Smith
- “Never Eat Alone, Expanded and Updated: And the Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time” by Keith Ferrazzi
- “Exactly What to Say: The Magic Words for Influence and Impact” by Phil M. Jones
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps entrepreneurs, especially entrepreneurial women over 50, engage their network so that they can grow their impact and income while managing their energy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.