Today’s guest has launched a children’s brand that inspires young minds.
She has over twenty-five years in marketing and branding, including FM/AM radio broadcasting, and as the host of The Business Experience Show. She is a speaker, songwriter, and award-winning author of the book series, Unicorn Jazz™ – she’s written a total of 17 books.
After interviewing 13 notable entrepreneurs on what makes for a meaningful, happy, and prosperous life she was inspired to launch her own multi-media brand, starting with a book about a shy unicorn. The book series offers social-emotional learning components (empathy, kindness, love, belonging, believing in others, feelings, and more).
When the pandemic began, she knew she had to do something outside the box to continue creating and developing her characters for children. She launched Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do which is available on Amazon TV/Prime. What’s really neat is kids can send in their own video content, music, and talent to be part of the show!
Her work has been featured in Forbes, ABC, CBS, and USA Today.
Please join me in welcoming Lisa Caprelli.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is helping others to create and do more with their innate ability.”
- her curiosity about how to best help young kids start developing strong ideals for happiness and not just lucrative careers.
- the impact her grandmother and her 1st-grade teacher had on her at a young age.
- the origin story of why she created Unicorn Jazz.
- how she mastered the art of writing.
- her thoughts on why it’s so important to compliment others and help them develop.
- how she navigated the world being really, really shy.
- how the recession in 2009 led her to start her first marketing business.
- her decision to create a children’s brand and how easy it was to make that choice.
- her thoughts about “million-dollar ideas”.
- how she nurtured her network and was able to build from the people she already had connections with.
Find all of Lisa’s books on Amazon:
- “Ocean Animals: Unicorn Jazz Unicorn Book Series” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Unicornio Jazz: Spanish Version (Spanish Edition)” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Skip a Step: Imparting Wisdom for Young Entrepreneur Minds and Kidpreneurs” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Abejita Feliz Con Unicornio Jazz y Amigos: En Espanol (Spanish Edition)” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Writing Your Story & Turning it Into a Published Book: A guidebook with processes to help you start and finish your book to get published on Amazon!” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Unicorn Jazz: Children's Unicorn Book Series” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Beeing Happy with Unicorn Jazz and Friends: Children's Unicorn Book Series” by Lisa Caprelli
- “UNICORN JAZZ The Thing I Do : Children's Unicorn Book Series” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Color Your Message: The Art of Digital Marketing and Social Media” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Unicorn Jazz Eye See You Choosing Kindness: Children's Unicorn Book Series” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Journal to Accompany Skip a Step: Imparting Wisdom for Young Entrepreneur Minds” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Unicorn Jazz Coloring Book” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Unicorn Jazz: Book With Included Curriculum Guide for Teachers and Parents (Unicorn Jazz Activity Books)” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Unicorn Jazz Coloring Book: Based on the book Bee-ing Happy With Unicorn Jazz and Friends” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Handwriting Practice Paper: Blank Writing Sheets for Unicorn Jazz Kids Featuring Woof the Crow” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Handwriting Practice Paper: Blank Writing Sheets K-3 Students for Unicorn Jazz Kids: For Unicorn Lovers!” by Lisa Caprelli
- “Color Your Message: The Art of Digital Marketing & Social Media by Lisa Caprelli” by Lisa Caprelli
- Listen to my episode with Bob Burg.
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps entrepreneurs, especially entrepreneurial women over 50, engage their network so that they can grow their impact and income while managing their energy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.