Today’s guest believes human beings just want to be appreciated.
He believes that appreciation is rocket fuel to create lifelong business relationships and has built his career around this single idea. To that end, he is an 8-Time TEDx speaker and the producer of a 55-year event series for entrepreneurs, called Thank U Live. The annual gratitude experience for entrepreneurs to look back on their year, celebrate their progress, and appreciate their people.
Because of his unique approach to appreciation he has been hired to deliver keynotes on over 1,000 stages and invited to work with companies like Lululemon, LinkedIn, and Microsoft.
Please join me in welcoming Blake Fly.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is a willingness to speak to people in an impactful way.”
- how winning the heart award at graduation impacted him because it wasn’t linked to grades but more his character.
- how listening to a training presentation in his first part-time job sparked a love for being a keynote speaker.
- his detour after college before becoming a professional speaker.
- how he prepared for his valedictorian speech for high school and the lens of appreciation that came from prepping for that experience.
- his passion for transitional moments between high school and college.
- his takeaway during the global pandemic and his scoreboard theory.
- how he nurtures and sustains the outer layers of his network.
- the importance of appreciating others and the strategy he uses to practice appreciation in his life.
- the importance of taking thoughtful risks in your business.
- what he’s looking forward to in the next year.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The Campus Life Guide” – by Blake Fleischacker [out of print]
- Listen to my episode with Michael Roderick.
- Listen to my episode with Jan Keck.
- Learn more about Elan and Blake’s Virtual Workathon.
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
READ his new book “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of the Email List” – www.SmallListBigResults.com
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps entrepreneurs, especially entrepreneurial women over 50, engage their network so that they can grow their impact and income while managing their energy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.