Today’s guest wants you to know that he can relate if you feel queasy about networking and hate to sell yourself.
Through study, practice, and lots of trial and error, he has transformed himself into a genuine networking professional — a transformation he would like to help all entrepreneurs make.
He coaches individuals, trains staff, and presents to associations and other groups to develop their skills and systems to build better connections and robust networks. He works with audiences to get past their networking reluctance to establish better relationships and increase bottom-line results.
He is the author of “Hello and a Handshake,” the host of the “Third Generation Networking Podcast,” and author of the acclaimed blog, “The Reluctant Networker.” With his mom and his wife, he is the co-founder of the family business “Third Generation Networking.”
Please join me in welcoming Greg Peters.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “A leader sees that something needs to get done and takes action to get it done.”
- why he thinks children are born leaders.
- the tools and freedom his mother provided him which led him to entrepreneurship.
- his decision between staying at his computer programming job or leaping into entrepreneurship.
- the challenges he faced deciding to be an entrepreneur.
- growing up with his mom who taught networking and how they’ve combined their businesses.
- the evolution of his business and discovering his ideal client.
- his belief that almost every business problem is a networking problem.
- the importance of networking intentionally and listening to your audience.
- how he nurtures and sustains the outer layers of his network.
- the importance of reconnecting with people on a regular basis.
- his connect 5 system which helped him network.
- making things as easy as possible for others to take action to help you.
- Greg Peters on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Third Generation Networking Podcast
- Sign up for Greg’s 52 Connection Tips
- Third Generation Networking Podcast interviews Robbie Samuels, “Networking to Create Something Wonderful”
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Hello and a Handshake: The Reluctant Networker's Guide to Survival and Success at Your Next Business Gathering” by Greg Peters
- Learn more about The National Speakers Association
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps entrepreneurs over 50, especially entrepreneurial women, engage their network so that they can grow their impact and income while managing their energy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Already selling but feeling stuck around how to increase your revenue? Sign up for a one-day mastermind with fellow entrepreneurs to break through to the next level.
Ready to dig into your network to validate a solution you’ve been working on to see if you can build an audience for it before launching? Sign up for 12 Weeks to Create Your Irresistible Offer program.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long Wake Up Your Network mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.