Today’s guest has reinvented herself many times.
She is a best-selling author, executive communications coach, motivational speaker, podcast host, and Emmy award-winning journalist. Her television career spanned 28 years and featured many memorable highlights including one-on-one interviews with prominent figures ranging from professional athletes to global political leaders including President Barack Obama as well as cultural icons such as Oprah Winfrey. She also co-anchored the #1 rated 6 pm newscast at WCVB-TV, NewsCenter 5, the ABC affiliate in Boston.
She is the author of “Dare to Own You: Taking Your Authenticity and Dreams into Your Next Chapter.” In this book, she shares that every experience—good or bad, every career step we’ve taken all adds up to experience and skills. All of it is valuable knowledge and can be used to re-create one’s next chapter…if one is willing to think differently about their experiences and can connect the dots, discover the themes and patterns that exist.
Please join me in welcoming Liz Brunner.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “There’s a leader living within all of us. We are not born knowing how to lead, we learn it. Leadership is a journey.”
- her one-time political adversary, Charlie Brown.
- how her ancestry has influenced her life.
- her humble beginnings of being a high school music teacher.
- the bravery it took for Liz to quit her safe job and apply for her first television job.
- how she connects the themes and patterns of all the different jobs in her life.
- an interesting exercise she does as personal development and waking up her network.
- her many mentors, how she finds them, and the lessons she has learned about herself in the process.
- her love of networking events and the importance of networking.
- a LinkedIn tip to clarify the job you’re looking for.
- how she stays in touch with her network.
- Liz Brunner on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Live Your Best Life with Liz Brunner podcast
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Dare to Own You: Taking Your Authenticity and Dreams into Your Next Chapter” by Liz Brunner
- “Who’s Hiring Who?” by Richard Lathrop
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps inspiring entrepreneurial women (and a few awesome men) in their 50s and beyond, engage their network so they can grow their impact and income by adding new revenue streams.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Already selling but feeling stuck around how to increase your revenue? Sign up for a one-day mastermind with fellow entrepreneurs to break through to the next level.
Ready to dig into your network to validate a solution you’ve been working on to see if you can build an audience for it before launching? Sign up for 12 Weeks to Create Your Irresistible Offer program.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long Wake Up Your Network mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.