Today’s guest believes relationships are at the heart of everything she does.
She knows that you can't be successful in business, or in life unless you are successful in cultivating winning relationships.
She is a sought-out executive coach and leadership expert who helps leaders achieve outstanding results through the power of their professional relationships. At last count, she and her company, SkyeTeam, have supported the development of more than 10,000 leaders from 20 countries and on 6 continents.
She’s the award-winning author of three books: “Cultivate: The Power of Winning Relationships,” “The Future-Proof Workplace,” and her latest book “You, Me, We: Why we all need friends at work (and how to show up as one!).” She's recognized by Thinkers360 and PeopleHum as an HR Thought Leader to Watch.
Please join me in welcoming Morag Barrett.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership means being the best I can be in this moment in order to help you be the best you can be so that we can succeed together.”
- the moment she decided to hold her head up high physically and metaphorically.
- the awe she still feels when being called a thought leader.
- recognizing imposter syndrome in her personal life and business life.
- how she seized the opportunity and moved her family to the US.
- how seizing the moment helped to skyrocket her finance and banking career.
- her bridge from being a numbers person to being a people and relationships person.
- how being fired from her job propelled her to start her own business.
- how and why she named her company SkyeTeam
- how she nurtures and sustains the outer layers of her network.
- her three-step process for life and business – look up, show up, and step up.
- Morag Barrett on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- To complete your complimentary Ally Mindset Profile: https://skyeteam.cloud/schmooze
- Be the first to know about Morag's new book: youmewebook.com
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “You, Me, We: Why We All Need to Be a Friend at Work (and How to Show Up As One!)” by Morag Barret, Eric Spencer, & Ruby Vesely
- “Cultivate: The Power of Winning Relationships” by Morag Barret
- “The Future-Proof Workplace: Six Strategies to Accelerate Talent Development, Reshape Your Culture, and Succeed with Purpose” by Morag Barret and Linda Sharkey
- “Make Someone's Day: Becoming a Memorable Leader in Work and Life” by Howard Prager https://www.amazon.com/Make-Someones-Day-Becoming-Memorable-ebook/dp/B09D8S2QZZ
- “The Long Game: How to Be a Long-Term Thinker in a Short-Term World” by Dorie Clark https://www.amazon.com/Long-Game-Long-Term-Thinker-Short-Term-ebook/dp/B08TCHGQ1G
- “The Infinite Game” by Simon Sinek https://www.amazon.com/Infinite-Game-Simon-Sinek-ebook/dp/B079DWSYYB
- Listen to my episode with Hope Timberlake.
- Listen to my episode with Terilee Harrison.
- Listen to my episode with Dorie Clark.
- Listen to my episode with Melissa Smith.
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps inspiring entrepreneurial women (and a few awesome men) in their 50s and beyond, engage their network so they can grow their impact and income by adding new revenue streams.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Already selling but feeling stuck around how to increase your revenue? Sign up for a one-day mastermind with fellow entrepreneurs to break through to the next level.
Ready to dig into your network to validate a solution you’ve been working on to see if you can build an audience for it before launching? Sign up for 12 Weeks to Create Your Irresistible Offer program.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long Wake Up Your Network mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.