Today’s guest is inspired by seeing others harness what makes them extraordinary as human beings.
He teaches people how to navigate the challenge of leadership. He draws on his 25-year career in the Royal Air Force and over 14 years of partnering with businesses around the world. He has worked in a wide range of sectors including aviation, oil & gas, construction, mining, banking, television, film, and media.
Today he is a keynote speaker and facilitator presenting around the world and virtually. He co-authored his first book “Find Your Why” with Simon Sinek and David Mead. Published in September 2017, it has been translated into more than 25 languages and has sold over 420,000 copies. He was a founding Igniter at Simon Sinek Inc. working with Simon for over seven years.
His latest book, “Leading From The Jumpseat: How to Create Extraordinary Opportunities by Handing Over Control,” delivers the message that leadership is about lifting people up and giving them the space they need so that, when the time is right, they can take the lead.
Please join me in welcoming Peter Docker.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is the ability to lift up others so when the time is right, they can take the lead.”
- being selected as an officer in the Royal Air Force.
- specific examples of times leaders need to give up control.
- the difference between leading from a place of love rather than a place of fear.
- the people in his early life that helped to shape him to be the man he is today.
- his initial plans to go to university prior to joining the Royal Air Force.
- the values he holds deeply important in his life.
- how he began working with Simon Sinek.
- the importance of having trust in others.
- how he supports and nurtures the outer levels of his networks.
- the relationship between feeling a sense of belonging and innovation.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Leading From The Jumpseat: How to Create Extraordinary Opportunities by Handing Over Control” by Peter Docker
- “Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team” by Simon Sinek, David Mead, and Peter Docker
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps inspiring entrepreneurial women (and a few awesome men) in their 50s and beyond, engage their network so they can grow their impact and income by adding new revenue streams.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Already selling but feeling stuck around how to increase your revenue? Sign up for a one-day mastermind with fellow entrepreneurs to break through to the next level.
Ready to dig into your network to validate a solution you’ve been working on to see if you can build an audience for it before launching? Sign up for 12 Weeks to Create Your Irresistible Offer program.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long Wake Up Your Network mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.