Today’s guest is on a big mission to change the academic culture from negativity and chronic stress to one where people express their unique brilliance and live a joyful, happy life.
She grew up in Berlin, Germany, and completed a Ph.D. in Neuroscience in Munich before relocating to the US to pursue her passion for brain research. She is an Associate Professor at an internationally renowned research university and academic medical center in the US. She is also the founder and head coach at Team Leadership In Research, a business that delivers leadership and management training programs for academic research teams.
She became a personal development and leadership nerd during her postdoctoral training, initially to increase her competitiveness for faculty appointments. She discovered she could use these strategies to create a happier, balanced life, AND increase her chances of success. That led her to train as a life coach to help other academics to achieve similar results.
Please join me in welcoming Dr. Stefanie Robel.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership means having a vision and taking responsibility to get there. Leadership starts with leading yourself.”
- when she discovered her leadership capabilities during riding lessons in her teens.
- the importance of communication in entrepreneurial relationships.
- how her parents influenced her studies in the sciences.
- how she found her people – entrepreneurs and business owners – after moving to the US.
- her finding out that the overwhelm she felt was completely within her control to change once she learned to change her mindset.
- the joy she gets from empowering others.
- how she learned to sell, which helped her build her confidence and her business.
- the mastermind that helped her build relationships outside of academia and in entrepreneurship.
- how she turned contacts into thriving relationships and connections.
- why she loves having and is always on the lookout for new mentors.
- her personal policy of helping someone before she needs to ask for help.
- how she nurtures and sustains the outer levels of her network.
- Listen to episode 247 “Holding Space” with Mary Williams.
- Listen to episode 256 “ It’s Time to Wake Up Your Network” with Mary Williams.
- Listen to episode 250 “Surpassing Milestones” with Peya Robbins.
- Listen to episode 260 “Solving the Wrong Problems” with Peya Robbins.
- Learn more about Peya Robbins.
- Learn more about Mary Williams.
- Learn more about Postable.com.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps inspiring entrepreneurial women (and a few awesome men) in their 50s and beyond, engage their network so they can grow their impact and income by adding new revenue streams.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Already selling but feeling stuck around how to increase your revenue? Sign up for a one-day mastermind with fellow entrepreneurs to break through to the next level.
Ready to dig into your network to validate a solution you’ve been working on to see if you can build an audience for it before launching? Sign up for the 12 Week Idea to Offer Incubator.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long Wake Up Your Network mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.