Today’s guest believes that authors change the world.
She works with professionals and thought leaders who want to write a book as a business growth strategy. She is the author of 11 books, including “On Your Mark: From First Word to First Draft in Six Weeks,” “Blog2Book: Repurposing Content to Discover the Book You've Already Written”, and “The Speaker Author: Sell More Books and Book More Speeches,” written with co-author Lois Creamer. She has helped over 200 professionals become published authors.
Through her creative energy, she helps her clients identify the right book to write, and develops a community of supportive, like-minded individuals who want to change the world–through the written and spoken word–one word at a time.
As a professional speaker with the National Speakers Association, she provides engaging programs and workshops to help audiences find their creative voice. She is adept at delivering high-engagement virtual programs and in-person workshops and retreats.
Please join me in welcoming Cathy D. Fyock.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is a combination of things. One is being a good visionary (having a vision of success). Another is having a strategy. The final thing is having a sense of impatience.”
- how she has been pulling things together and leading others since childhood.
- her very cool connection to Diane Sawyer and how she became a fan of hers in the third grade.
- her many jobs before stumbling into Human Resources, a career she held for 20 years, before becoming an entrepreneur.
- how she was referred to and later joined the National Speakers Association.
- how she was forced to develop the program on her process to write a book and how she got her first book coaching clients.
- how she found her business through exploring her passion and developing her skills.
- how she nurtures and sustains the outer layers in her network.
- “My New Book: The Upcoming Message That Will Change the World!” by Cathy Fyock
- “Authority: Strategic Concepts from 15 International Thought Leaders to Create Influence, Credibility and a Competitive Edge for You and Your Business” by Cathy Fyock et. al
- “Blog2Book: Repurposing Content to Discover the Book You've Already Written” by Cathy Fyock
- “On Your Mark: From First Word to First Draft in Six Weeks” by Cathy Fyock
- “The Speaker Author: Sell More Books and Book More Speeches” by Cathy Fyock
- “Hallelujah!: An Anthem for Purposeful Work” by Cathy Fyock et. al
- “The Top 10 Things You Must Know About Hiring the Best (FT Press Delivers Shorts)” by Cathy Fyock
- “The Truth About Background and Reference Checks When Hiring (FT Press Delivers Elements)” by Cathy Fyock
- “The Truth About Recruiting the Top Talent (FT Press Delivers Elements)” by Cathy Fyock
- “The Truth About Hiring Older Employees” by Cathy Fyock
- “Truth About Hiring the Best, The: …and Nothing But the Truth” by Cathy Fyock
- “Hiring Source Book: A Collection of Practical Samples (HR Source Book series)” by Cathy Fyock
- “UnRetirement: Still Working — and Loving It” by Cathy Fyock and Ann Dorton
- “Get the Best: How to Recruit the People You Want” by Cathy Fyock
- “America's Work Force Is Coming of Age: What Every Business Needs to Know to Recruit, Train, Manage, and Retain an Aging Work Force” by Cathy Fyock
- Learn more about National Speakers Association.
- Learn more about National Association of Women Business Owners.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm a multi-passionate entrepreneur. I geek out about community-building, relationship-building, thoughtfully designing space for a conversation, and anything about bringing people together to create connections. I believe quality engagement is about inclusion and belonging.
Depending on what caught your eye about my work, you may be surprised to discover that I do more than you were initially interested in.
What do I do?
🟧 As a business growth strategist, I coach entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond who are looking to grow their impact and income through new revenue streams by helping them grow their audience before they launch their product or service.
🟧 As a virtual event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, I help my clients reimagine their in-person events by utilizing all of the opportunities available through digital and analog tools. Rather than replicating the in-person event, we create a powerful virtual experience.
🟧 Before the pandemic, and again as in-person events return, I support organizations designing conferences that create opportunities for participant engagement so they can follow through on their networking intentions.
I've been producing events in one form or another since I was in college in the 90s and providing business growth strategy advice for nearly as long.
⭐ I published two books that have collectively received over 400 Amazon reviews,
⭐ I was invited to do a TEDx on my signature networking technique,
⭐ I have hosted a podcast since 2016,
⭐ when the pandemic shuttered in-person events, I swiftly reinvented myself resulting in a successful multi-six-figure business, and
⭐ my clients include Feeding America, the California WIC Association, and other national and statewide mission-driven organizations.
How can I help you?
Here are some of the ways my clients describe me…
✅ business growth strategy coach
✅ virtual event design consultant & strategist
✅ executive Zoom producer
✅ professional speaker
✅ emcee (virtual and in-person)
✅ podcast host
✅ virtual presentation skills trainer
and I'm likely leaving something out…
Read my back story at www.robbiesamuels.com/about
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.