Back in the summer of 2015, when I first started to seriously work on this podcast, I had a goal of reaching 100 episodes. Since I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into, that felt like a big hairy audacious goal. By the time I reached episode 100 I loved this medium, but almost gave up the show and started a new one. Fortunately, I stuck with this show and today, I’m recording episode 300!
To help me mark this milestone, I’ve invited my friend Blake Fly to interview me. At his core, he believes that appreciation is rocket fuel to create lifelong business relationships and he has built his career around this single idea. I interviewed him in episode 258.
We always have fun conversations, and I’m really looking forward to this.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful, and I read every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- we take a journey back to episode one and how Robbie’s bio has drastically changed since then.
- Robbie reflects on why he started On the Schmooze back in 2015 and the podcast that inspired him.
- Robbie shares some surprises while hosting his podcast.
- Blake gives a behind-the-scenes insight into what happened when Robbie interviewed him on episode 258.
- listen to Robbie’s secret about having a successful podcast.
- learn why Robbie numbered his first episode 000.
- we dive into Robbie’s work ethic and how he acted and reacted to the first few months of the pandemic.
- Robbie shares a few regrets about the people he’s interviewed already.
- Robbie explains why he interviews 2 women for every man.
- we find out what’s in store for Robbie and On the Schmooze in the future.
- listen to Robbie’s process of handling pitches.
- how his interviews dive deeper than what a guest has planned to talk about.
- Robbie’s advice to his future self when he reaches 400 episodes.
- Robbie Samuels on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Check out all of the archived episodes of On the Schmooze
- Sign up for Robbie’s #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hour.
- Listen to my episode with Dorie Clark.
- Listen to my episode with Blake Fly.
- Listen to my episode with Monica Laurence.
- Listen to my episode with Meghan Hudson (my VA’s favorite episode!)
- Listen to my episode with Jan Keck.
- Learn more about Robbie’s podcast setup.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm a multi-passionate entrepreneur. I geek out about community-building, relationship-building, thoughtfully designing space for a conversation, and anything about bringing people together to create connections. I believe quality engagement is about inclusion and belonging.
Depending on what caught your eye about my work, you may be surprised to discover that I do more than you were initially interested in.
What do I do?
🟧 As a business growth strategist, I coach entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond who are looking to grow their impact and income through new revenue streams by helping them grow their audience before they launch their product or service.
🟧 As a virtual event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, I help my clients reimagine their in-person events by utilizing all of the opportunities available through digital and analog tools. Rather than replicating the in-person event, we create a powerful virtual experience.
🟧 Before the pandemic, and again as in-person events return, I support organizations designing conferences that create opportunities for participant engagement so they can follow through on their networking intentions.
I've been producing events in one form or another since I was in college in the 90s and providing business growth strategy advice for nearly as long.
⭐ I published two books that have collectively received over 400 Amazon reviews,
⭐ I was invited to do a TEDx on my signature networking technique,
⭐ I have hosted a podcast since 2016,
⭐ when the pandemic shuttered in-person events, I swiftly reinvented myself resulting in a successful multi-six-figure business, and
⭐ my clients include Feeding America, the California WIC Association, and other national and statewide mission-driven organizations.
How can I help you?
Here are some of the ways my clients describe me…
✅ business growth strategy coach
✅ virtual event design consultant & strategist
✅ executive Zoom producer
✅ professional speaker
✅ emcee (virtual and in-person)
✅ podcast host
✅ virtual presentation skills trainer
and I'm likely leaving something out…
Read my back story at www.robbiesamuels.com/about
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.