Today’s guest is a champion for women in sales.
She has spent her career helping Fortune 500, midsize, and SaaS-based companies grow repeatable revenue, hire better, and improve sales culture to one that is inclusive and healthy. She helps fix sales team issues as a master connector.
She is the founder of three brands created to improve B2B sales culture – Score More Sales, Women Sales Pros, and the She Sells Summit. She is the author of “She Sells: Attract, Promote, and Retain Great Women in B2B Sales” and host of the Conversations with Women in Sales podcast.
Please join me in welcoming Lori Richardson.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is paving the trail. It’s knowing who you are and what you stand for even when you’re uncomfortable with the title.”
- Lori’s initial goals of wanting to be a teacher and her very early entrepreneurial endeavors like having a lemonade stand and selling girl scout cookies.
- her experience teaching two-year-olds and having to pivot to technology sales in order to support her family.
- the skills she learned from watching her grandmother sell clothes to people at a young age and how that coupled with her sales experience in selling cookies.
- the experience of joining a company as the first woman in field sales and being passed over multiple times for promotions.
- turning her former employer into her first client after she was forced out due to downsizing.
- her first company ‘Smile and Dial Revenue Generation Services” and why she changed the name to ‘Score More Sales.’
- how she widened the scope of her mission and reach with the murder of George Floyd and the pandemic.
- the importance and her passion for people not only talking about inclusion and equity but taking action to be more inclusive and equitable.
- how Lori stays in touch with her network.
- Lori Richardson on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Conversations with Women in Sales podcast
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “She Sells: Attract, Promote, and Retain Great Women in B2B Sales” by Lori Richardson https://womensalespros.com/shesells/ (CURRENTLY IN PRE-ORDER)
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm a multi-passionate entrepreneur. I geek out about community-building, relationship-building, thoughtfully designing space for a conversation, and anything about bringing people together to create connections. I believe quality engagement is about inclusion and belonging.
Depending on what caught your eye about my work, you may be surprised to discover that I do more than you were initially interested in.
What do I do?
🟧 As a business growth strategist, I coach entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond who are looking to grow their impact and income through new revenue streams by helping them grow their audience before they launch their product or service.
🟧 As a virtual event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, I help my clients reimagine their in-person events by utilizing all of the opportunities available through digital and analog tools. Rather than replicating the in-person event, we create a powerful virtual experience.
🟧 Before the pandemic, and again as in-person events return, I support organizations designing conferences that create opportunities for participant engagement so they can follow through on their networking intentions.
I've been producing events in one form or another since I was in college in the 90s and providing business growth strategy advice for nearly as long.
⭐ I published two books that have collectively received over 400 Amazon reviews,
⭐ I was invited to do a TEDx on my signature networking technique,
⭐ I have hosted a podcast since 2016,
⭐ when the pandemic shuttered in-person events, I swiftly reinvented myself resulting in a successful multi-six-figure business, and
⭐ my clients include Feeding America, the California WIC Association, and other national and statewide mission-driven organizations.
How can I help you?
Here are some of the ways my clients describe me…
✅ business growth strategy coach
✅ virtual event design consultant & strategist
✅ executive Zoom producer
✅ professional speaker
✅ emcee (virtual and in-person)
✅ podcast host
✅ virtual presentation skills trainer
and I'm likely leaving something out…
Read my back story at www.robbiesamuels.com/about
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
- Follow me on Mastodon.
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.