Today’s guest believes inclusion is more than a moral obligation; it's a competitive advantage. Her presentations on “blameless” inclusion spark not just inspiration but action as well.
Her firm has extensive experience and a proven reputation for driving better business
outcomes through innovative and inclusive strategic planning. They bring deep expertise in improving profitability and innovation, boosting team and organizational performance, and optimizing inclusion strategies.
She is the author of “The 7 Simple Habits of Inclusive Leaders” and has been featured in publications such as Forbes Magazine, Smart Meetings, and The Meeting Professional.
Please join me in welcoming Melissa Majors.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is motivating others. Leaders are people who use their influence and power to help other people thrive.”
- Her predisposition to taking on leadership roles throughout her education.
- Her experience growing up as the youngest of nine children.
- The realization (right on the show) that her speaking career really began as the salutatorian in high school.
- Her desire, from a young age, to understand how people behave.
- The transformative moment when she learned that her dad did not know how to read and how that sparked her love of inclusive education.
- How she was recruited to join the Nationwide Insurance family before starting her own family.
- Why she feels so free and grateful to share her gifts with others.
- How the pandemic helped her rethink and repackage herself and the opportunities she found along the way.
- The importance of really understanding human needs in the context of business.
- How she nurtures and sustains her business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The 7 Simple Habits of Inclusive Leaders: A guilt-free guide on how to boost innovation and performance by involving others equally” by Melissa Majors
- Listen to my episode with Bryan Kramer.
- Listen to my episode with Anne Bono.
- Listen to my episode with Rachel Sheerin.
- Listen to my episode with Dorie Clark.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm a multi-passionate entrepreneur. I geek out about community-building, relationship-building, thoughtfully designing space for a conversation, and anything about bringing people together to create connections. I believe quality engagement is about inclusion and belonging.
Depending on what caught your eye about my work, you may be surprised to discover that I do more than you were initially interested in.
What do I do?
🟧 As a business growth strategist, I coach entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond who are looking to grow their impact and income through new revenue streams by helping them grow their audience before they launch their product or service.
🟧 As a virtual event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, I help my clients reimagine their in-person events by utilizing all of the opportunities available through digital and analog tools. Rather than replicating the in-person event, we create a powerful virtual experience.
🟧 Before the pandemic, and again as in-person events return, I support organizations designing conferences that create opportunities for participant engagement so they can follow through on their networking intentions.
I've been producing events in one form or another since I was in college in the 90s and providing business growth strategy advice for nearly as long.
⭐ I published two books that have collectively received over 400 Amazon reviews,
⭐ I was invited to do a TEDx on my signature networking technique,
⭐ I have hosted a podcast since 2016,
⭐ when the pandemic shuttered in-person events, I swiftly reinvented myself resulting in a successful multi-six-figure business, and
⭐ my clients include Feeding America, the California WIC Association, and other national and statewide mission-driven organizations.
How can I help you?
Here are some of the ways my clients describe me…
✅ business growth strategy coach
✅ virtual event design consultant & strategist
✅ executive Zoom producer
✅ professional speaker
✅ emcee (virtual and in-person)
✅ podcast host
✅ virtual presentation skills trainer
and I'm likely leaving something out…
Read my back story at www.robbiesamuels.com/about
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.